The Zhong Research Lab welcomes postdoc, Ph.D., MSc., Pharm.D., and undergraduate students to pursue research projects in the areas of developmental pharmacology, epigenetic regulation of cytochrome P450, long non-coding RNAs in liver development, pharmacogenetics, and pharmacoepigenetics for precision medicine. Currently, the Zhong Research Lab has 4 Ph.D., 1 Pharm.D./Ph.D., 2 MSc., 4 Pharm.D., and 7 undergraduate students.
- Chad Pope received his Ph.D. degree in August, 2017 and has started a postdoctoral position at the University of Kansas School of Pharmacy in Lawrence, Kansas.
- Liming Chen received a 2nd Place Student Best Presentation Award and a Bose SoundLink Speaker System in 2017 International Symposium on Drug Metabolism in Beijing, China in June 28, 2017.
- Austin Ferrara received a Pharm.D. degree from the University of Connecticut School of Pharmacy in May 6, 2017 and has started a fellowship position in Regulatory Affairs at Novartis in East Hannover, New Jersey from July 1, 2017.
- Austin Ferrara received a 2017 Merck Manuals Award for Academic Excellence in the graduation banquet in May 5, 2017.
- Shashank Mishra received an IDEA (Imagine Develop Engage Apply) Grant Award ($4,000) from the Office of Undergraduate Research of the University of Connecticut to support a self-designed and self-led project in 2017-2018 academic year.
- Stephanie Piekos received an AFPE Pre-Doctoral Fellowship in Pharmaceutical Sciences ($10,000) from the American Foundation for Pharmaceutical Education to support her Ph.D. education in 2017-2018 academic year.
- Stephanie Piekos received the Philip Rosenberg & Steven D. Cohen Graduate Fellowship ($2,000) to support her research in 2017 Summer.
- Avish Patel received a Summer Undergraduate Research Fund (SURF) Award ($3,895) from the Office of Undergraduate Research of the University of Connecticut to support his research in 2017 Summer.
- Xueyan Shao will join the Zhong Research Lab as a Ph.D. student starting from August, 2017.
- Sabrina Ilham will join the Zhong Research Lab as a Pharm.D./Ph.D. student starting from August, 2017.
- Stephanie Piekos received a Graduate Student Travel Award ($1,000) from ASPET at the Experimental Biology 2017 Meeting in Chicago, IL in April 22, 2017.
- Chad Pope received a Best Poster Award at the 21st International Symposium on Microsomes and Drug Oxidations (MDO) at University of California, Davis, CA in October 5, 2016.
- Stephanie Piekos received a summer internship from Boehringer Ingelheim (BI) to support her training at BI in 2016 Summer.
- Sabrina Ilham received the Dr. Karl A. & Joan C. Nieforth Pharmacy Student Research Grant Award ($4,000) from the University of Connecticut School of Pharmacy to support her research in 2016 Summer.
- Stephanie Piekos received a Graduate Student Travel Award ($1,000) from ASPET at the Experimental Biology 2016 Meeting in San Diego, CA in April 2, 2016.
- Dr. Yun-Chen Tien received the James R. Gillette Best Paper Award in Drug Metabolism from the Division for Drug Metabolism of ASPET at the Experimental Biology 2016 Meeting in San Diego, CA in April 4, 2016.
Control of developmental switch of Cyp3a gene expression in mouse liver
Developmental regulation of drug processing genes
Short- or long-term impacts of drug exposure at early life on drug metabolism, therapeutic efficacy, and drug-induced toxicity
The role of H19, a long non-coding RNA, in postnatal liver maturation
The role of long non-coding RNAs in the regulation of drug metabolism
Chromatin interaction, epigenomics, and transcriptional response to drug induction